Monday, April 22, 2013

Exciting things happening around these here parts!

I read on a blog that you should only post "awesome" things.  That readers want to read and see good, positive things. Anything not awesome should not be posted.  So, I kind of backed off on blogging because my life doesn't always reflect awesome.  Homework, toys, laundry, more toys, dishes... not awesome.

I have been thinking a lot about it.  MANY of the blogs you read only show awesome and I don't like it.  I think a lot of them aren't being honest by only showing the good.  I want to see real life.  And I think my readers (all 6 of you) do too.

So, not every post will be awesome.  Some will be awesome.  Some will be boring.  Others entertaining.  Who knows?!

Here is a post about what we are working on now.  I am proud to say that I have crossed eight items of my project to do list.  You will see the progress in posts soon.  I promise.  I am still trying to figure out how to declutter and organize my entire house... any ideas?

That is what is going on inside the house.  Outside is another story.  Texas is hot.  And dry.  And our poor yard has taken a beating.  Add in my kids and neighbor kids playing daily in our backyard and on our playscape  - it's not looking so good.  THEN, add in a puppy that likes to shred any plastic toy she can find and dig up roots and it's looking even worse.

We decided it is time to do something.

We ordered 12 yards of kiddie mulch to add to our playscape area.



We are also revamping our playscape.  Nothing major, but the kids use this everyday and we want them to continue to.


The biggest change...


We are getting a sprinkler system installed in the front and back yard!  We have talked about this for years.  We have tried just moving our own sprinklers around, but with our water restrictions each summer, it hasn't worked.  Plus, our yard is big and our lot is not square, making moving hoses impossible.  Our grass is dying.  Some areas are now just dirt.  The dirt turns to mud (when it does rain) and then Molly tracks mud through our house.

Our yard used to look so green and now it is just sad.  We are excited to get it back to green!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...