Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holiday Decor

Another entry!  I am trying to figure this all out.  I am getting there.  I think.

Just a few pictures of the Christmas decorating we did this year.  A big thanks to Mom for doing most of the creative work!

Here are a few of the living room.  Can you see our little Elf?  The kids were so worried that he was going to fall out and get hurt.  He was just fine!



Jute trees that Mom hot glued for me!






The Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments.  My plan is to find the perfect "Charlie Brown" tree for these ornaments.  For now, a basket from Goodwill works!


In the dining room:



This tray is from the inside of a chest that my wonderful and creative Uncle Bob made for me 12 years ago.  I LOVE it on my dining room table where I can change out the decor for each season.  What do you think, Uncle Bob?


The Santa painting is not mine.  Mom painted in while visiting Ade in Atlanta.  He sure looks cute on my buffet :)


Here is a better picture of the buffet we bought from Craigslist.  It is my most favorite piece so far that we have refinished.  I love the color and I love how it contrasts with the wall color.


I have been wanting to make this ornament wreath for a long time now.  It is all over blogland and seemed easy.  It was not.  Our wire kept bending forming an oval instead of a circle wreath.  Attempt three and we did it!



  
See that patch on my dining room wall?  That is what happens when a new doorbell install goes wrong.  Luckily, Chad fixed it.  Now he just needs to paint it!  I wonder if he will?




I hope to get a few good pictures of our Christmas trees.  My old camera doesn't capture how pretty they are.  Luckily, I just got a new camera. 

Now, I just need to learn how to use it.



Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Next year you should come and decorate my house. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...