Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fun.

When I posted about Valentine's Day, I dropped a hint about something "fun." 

We heard that Fun. was coming to Austin for a small outdoor concert at Stubb's BBQ.  This venue is known for it's concerts - Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Stevie Ray Vaughn...   We had been looking to buy tickets but the tickets were sold before we could get our hands on them.  I was so bummed.  Then, we found the last two tickets.  Ok, probably not the last two tickets, but who cares.  They were ours!

As soon as Chad got home from work, we left the kiddos with Gramma and Papa and headed downtown.  Our plan was to get something to eat and head to the concert.  As soon as we turned the corner where Stubb's was located, I saw them.  Fun.  Standing on the corner, talking with fans, taking pictures.  Chad yelled, "Get out of the truck and say Hi!"  I panicked and said, "I can't!"  I am clearly not good under pressure.  We parked and walked to find them.  They were gone :(  

We walked past their buses (which they were on) and I waved just in case they were looking.  We then saw the line for the concert starting to form.  We we hopped in line and waited.  And waited. 

They opened the gate and we went to take our place by the stage.  We were about 5 rows back, maybe 6.    5 rows people!  From a Grammy award winning band!  The New Kids will always hold a special place in my heart, but Fun. is pretty cool.

The concert was amazing!  We were so close.  The drums shook you to your core.  The lights flashed and they sounded so good.  I still cannot believe we were that close.  I took pictures on my phone but also tried to enjoy the concert as much as I could.  Nate looked right at me.  Twice.  I swear.   I sang my little heart out and had so much fun!






Nate and Jack are talking about just winning two Grammy's just two nights earlier.  Did you watch it?  We did!



Andrew was off to the side so it was hard to get a good picture of him.  He is a cutie!




Thank you Chad for buying the tickets.  It was a night I will never forget!  So much fun!

After the concert was over, we were starving -  and thirsty from all the singing and screaming (or at least I was).  We were steps away from Sixth Street, so we walked to get a slice of pizza.  It happened to be Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday.  Let's just say there was a lot of interesting things to see...  that involved earning beads.  I shall say no more.

Now go listen to some Fun.!!!!









2 comments:

  1. So glad you had so much fun at Fun.! I did see them on the Grammy show--they actually are very good. We had fun with the Grandchildren while you were at Fun.. We went to one of their favorite places for dinner--McDonald's. I don't think it is the food they like--they just love to play on the playscape and the computer games. Papa and I watch and try to keep the screaming down--but with our three and then add five or six more kids into the mix it gets pretty loud! But they have a great time and it is fun to watch them. When we go to visit Adrienne and family--Tommy and Riley want to go to McDonald's too--kids just love that place. So while you and Chad had fun with Fun., we had our own fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had Fun! I saw them at the Grammies and didn't know who they were. But when they sang I did recognize the song they sang. You are so lucky. Now you just have to get NKOTB tickets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...