Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at Mom and Dad's - Part 1

Part 1 - The kitchen.

Mom has been patiently waiting to be able to decorate her house for Christmas.  Remember last year?  They were still living with us - so she decorated my house.  This year, she went all out and it looks great!  There are decorations everywhere you look.   You may think I am exaggerating, but you can't set a cup down on any table because every surface is decorated... but it looks so festive! 

Take a look!






Every kitchen should have geese with Santa hats.  They are supposed to bring good luck for the next coming year.  Or not :)


I love this tree.  I may have to steal it.


 


 








 Mom made this wreath by stringing ornaments on a wire.  Adorable, but a lot of work!




 
 Twelve days of Christmas ornaments.


 




 
 
Pretty impressive, no?  Is your kitchen decorated for the holidays?  Do you have geese with Santa hats?

Next up - the living room! 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Aubrey for taking and posting ALL the pictures. I do have a problem with Christmas. I need to pare down again. This is probably less than half what we had--we gave away, gave to church sale, gave to Goodwill, and this (plus another 2 containers)is what we brought to Texas. I am going to go through everything when the Holidays are over and Goodwill some more. I need to and I have to. Steve isn't too fond of lifting all these containers up and down a ladder to the garage attic. I always think the more natural Christmas decor is so pretty--but I have to have at least some Santas and Snowmen....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...