Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A look back

I started this blog just over a year ago.  My plan was to show the numerous projects we worked on in the house and the many pieces of furniture we repainted and sold.  That was my plan...but, along the way I have learned that juggling everything is not easy.  And I did not do as much as I planned.  Not even close.

I did not post as often as I planned.  And what I did post, leaned toward the kiddos and things we were doing as a family.  Not the original plan, but I now have pictures to show what we did do over an entire year - and that is worth it! 

Looking back, we did get a few things done...

In JANUARY:
Mom and Dad officially took ownership of their new house. 


I showed you pictures here and here.  The tile was removed and replaced with beautiful wood floors.


In FEBRUARY:
Mom and Dad moved into their house.


Chad and Dad made Lincoln logs.  I still need to post the many creations Caleb has built with these.  He still uses them every.single.day!


And my baby turned 5.



In MARCH:
I showed you how our house was ransacked by robbers.  Okay, I showed you how my kids treat their gameroom.  Since then, the gameroom has changed and we are almost finished with it.  Until we change it.  Again.


Olivia turned 7 and joined gymnastics.




The month of APRIL started off with a bang - or crash.  My car was totalled on the way to taking the kids to school.  Luckily, no one was hurt and Donnie joined our family.


This is from my seat belt scratching/burning my neck.  I am so glad the kids were not hurt.  They still talk about this morning and Caleb always says it was "the worst day of his life."




In MAY:
We bought furniture for the kids gameroom.



Ella graduated preschool:


and Caleb turned 9!



In JUNE:
We finished installing our built in Billy bookcases:


Logan joined our family:


Mom finished decorating their house.


We upgraded our kitchen light fixture.




In JULY:
We made a twine wrapped light fixture.





In AUGUST:
We got ready for school here, here and here.  And headed to Houston for a last getaway!  See even more pictures here.



In SEPTEMBER:
Aside from the entire family being sick and being knee-deep in crazy homework, I showed you some of our painted furniture that we sold.


In OCTOBER:
We finally found dining room chairs - and refinished them.



And began to update Caleb's room.  It is almost finished.  Why is it taking me SO long?


In NOVEMBER:
We adopted sweet Molly.



In DECEMBER:
I revealed the finished dining room!


I showed you a Be Thankful banner I made just in time for Thanksgiving:


I showed you how Mom decorated their house for Christmas here, here and here!


I donated my hair:


And we had a very Merry Christmas!


It was a busy year!  Up next?  My goals for this new year!





3 comments:

  1. Such a busy and full year! Thanks for blogging your life and adding ours to it. With everyone living far away it is nice to be able to keep track of what goes on. Where does a year go?? It passes much too fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a neat idea to post the highlights of the year! I also like how you have all the little links and ways to go back and look at past post! It sure is a nice way to keep up with you all. jeepers we shoudl all be keeping blogs! Have a great 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am so glad you are doing this. You sure had a busy year and thanks for letting us all be a part of it!

    I've thought about doing a blog, but mine would be pretty boring :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...